Thursday, June 5, 2008

Leaving Idaho


In August 2007, I accepted a teaching job in the San Lorenzo School District. The weekend of August 16-19th, Doug and I drove with a car load of stuff out here to find me a place to live. Not having enough time to find a place, I finally settled for a 1 bed apt. close to the school. I dropped off the car load of stuff and drove back to Idaho. I cleaned out my apartment and loaded up the rest of my stuff in my car and drove back out here with my sister on August 21st. I was sleeping on an air matress for a week until I flew back to Idaho over Labor day weekend to drive a Uhaul back with the rest of my stuff. So for 3 weekends in a row I drove too many miles between California and Idaho. I will never drive that stretch again, UNLESS I absolutely have to!!!!!!



Leaving Idaho was the hardest thing for me to do. Before I left I had a get together with some friends to say goodbye. I sure do miss all of you back home.

No comments: