Saturday, June 16, 2012

CatChinG uP

Well it's been a while since my last post and half of 2012 is already passed in a whirl wind.  There's been a few things that's happened since my last post, so sit back and enjoy while I try and catch you up to the best that I can.

March
I went to Fresno with a couple of friends of the Women's NCAA Sweet 16.  Stanford, Duke, South Carolina and Saint John's.  We went and had lunch at a resturaunt that was across from the stadium and when we got there we only caught the last half of the Duke/Saint John's game. Duke ended up winning that game, but we were there to watch Stanford and South Carolina.  After the half we ended moving down closer to floor and ended up getting a close up of all the players as well as listening in on the time outs of the South Carolina bench.  Throughout most of the game South Carolina was giving Stanford some problems but in the end Stanford ended up winning the game.




I also celebrated my 32nd birthday.  I usually talke the day off from school but this year I decided to dress up and let everyone know that it was my birthday.  I recieved my birthday wishes from students and teachers.  That evening Doug took me to dinner at the Elephant Bar and enjoyed a nice meal and dessert. 









April
The first week in April was my spring break.  Mom had been telling me that grams wasn't doing good and that I needed to come and see her.  So Doug and I decided to drive over Donner's pass hoping that there would be no snow to make the trek to Idaho.  Luckily the snow was in the ditch instead of being on the main road.  While we were there we had a chance to also catch up with some friends and go bowling.  I spent a lot of time with grams because we weren't for sure how much longer she was going to be with us.  Not more than 3 weeks later, I got that dreaded phone call that grams had passed away.  So I took a week off from work and flew back to Idaho for the funeral and to spend time with family.  It's so different not having grams around and it's pretty quite at the house. 








June
This year we got out of school earlier in the month which was nice.  After school was out I flew down to San Diego to hang out with Allison and her family.  When I got there they picked me up from the airport and went to Sea World.  It had been a long time since I was there last and everything had changed.  We watched all the shows from Shamu, to the sea lion/otters to the dolphins.  Along the way we stopped and looked at other exhibits.  I've always been fascinated by marine life and my dream job would be to work with the dolphins, but I guess I'll have to put that on hold.  Anyways, while at the dolphin exhibit, I actually touched one and I was super pumped.  It felt really smooth and rubbery.  We were at the park all day and ended closing the park down.

On Tuesday, we drove to the cliffs hoping to see if we could see some cliff jumpers fly off the cliffs, but unfortunetly the wind wasn't strong enough, so we didn't wait around.  We then drove over the La Jolla beach to see the seals and sea lions.  While watching the seals, I noticed something in the water and when it finally surfaced it was DOLPHINS!!!  We then drove around looking at the beautiful houses along the coast and wondered what the people that lived there did for a living to afford those houses.  We then went over to check out a 100 year old suspension bridge.  I chickend out and couldn't cross it or walk out to far because they kept rocking it from side to side, so I just stayed on firm ground till the rest of them came back. We then drove over to Coronado to go to the beach to build a sand castle, play in the water and find sea shells.

On Wednesday, we drove to the San Diego zoo and was there closing down the park as well.  We walked and walked, sat and got lost following the map.  When we got there the animals that we saw first were getting fed so they were pretty active.  One of the best exhibits was the gorillas, they too were also being fed and they were up moving around a lot.  One of my favorites is the giraffes, I find them very beautiful animals.  Also went and saw the huge hippo moving about and swimming under the water.  AFter looking at all the different exhibits we ended with walking to find the panda bears, one of which was out eating his bamboo.  Saw plenty of animails on this trip to San Diego.  I flew back home on Thursday morning.  I had really great time and enjoyed the good company.   























No comments: