Saturday, January 14, 2012

HapPy HoLiDayS

For the Thanksgiving holiday I stay in California instead of flying home.  This year I spent Thanksgiving day having dinner with Doug's family.  I always end up making my own turkey for Thanksgiving so I can have leftover turkey sandwiches.  I also made a homemade apple this year and ate the whole thing myself, it was that good.  The next morning, Doug and I ventured out into the madness of the black friday sales and ended up coming back home because it was absolutely insane out there.  We got back up at 5am that morning and ended up getting everything that I wanted but without the hassle of the lines and all the people. 
Thanksgiving Dinner

Black Friday Buys

Homemade Apple Pie
 We didn't get out of school until the Dec 22, which is typically late but considering I had the week after off it was extrememly nice.  I flew home early on Friday morning, so early that I had to ask the security guard at the airport if I could get through because I had a flight at 6.  She must have been in the holiday spirit because she let me through, otherwise I think I would have missed my flight. 

I flew into the Salt Lake airport only to catch the Salt Lake Express to take me to Idaho.  Mom and Dad picked me up at the gas station that it drops you off at and to my suprise Teresa had come into town and brought Niya.  What a nice surprise!!!  The whole family was home again for Christmas and it was really nice to see everyone.  On Christmas day, we waited for Teresa, John and Niya to get to the house before we opened presents.  It was so cute watching Niya, she was just trying to figure out what was going on.  Later that evening, we have our traditional Christmas dinner with my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Bob.  We usually have it at their house but decided to switch places. 

I spent a few days hanging out in Blackfoot, and then made my way over to Burley to spend a night with Teresa and John.  Mom then took me to Twin Falls, so I could visit with Allison and Ryan.  Allisona and did some shopping.  I got some really great stuff and a cheaper sales tax rate.  I wish I could have spent more time with everyone.  I went to Boise on Friday and spent the rest of my time at Mama Jo's house.  I didn't have a car which was different but found a way to get me one to drive.

For New Year's Eve, I hung out with Erin and Greg.  I went over to her house to visit and then went up to the Boise foothills to another one of her friends house.  We were out by the bonfire looking out over the Boise Valley.  It was so beautiful and peaceful up there.  After midnight struck, we left and I went home to bed.  Later on that week, I met with friends to visit and have dinner, and I can't forget that I had to walk CJ and Marilyn to school. 

As I was packing to leave, I was extremely worried that my suitcase was going to be too heavy since I was bringing back more than what I came with.  I had 2lbs to spare and had to stuff clothes in another bag to make it all fit.  The break was nice and long and I had a really enjoyable time.  I hope that 2012 can bring more good times like 2011 did.

she's rolling over

Niya and her pillow pet

Christmas

Opening presents


Niya got Dr. Suess books'


My favorite girl

Me & Allison and our matching headbands

Me & Ryan

Happy New Year
Me and Erin

No comments: