Friday, August 19, 2011

SpRinG bReaK pArT 1 -- Las Vegas

Well, it's been a while since I've last posted so I thought I take the time before school starts to update my blog. 

In April, I flew down to Las Vegas to visit Tammy and Craig for a little rest and relaxation. Colt also drove to down to Vegas to spend some quality time with us.  I was hoping that the weather would be nice but when I got there it was raining, (I just left the rain), but it didn't last long as the nice weather of Vegas came out in full force. 

When I first landed, I insisted that we find a Jimmy John's sandwich shop, since my mother has been telling me how great it is and besides they don't have one up here in the Bay Area. So I saw that Vegas had one so we drove to tim buck to and back to have myself a Jimmy John's sandwich, mission accomplished and now I love me some Jimmy John's. 

The next day we took Colt down to a craft fair, thinking we could find some cool trinkets but we didn't find too many.  We then roamed over to the outlet malls and wander around in the blasted heat and didn't find too much there either.  So we headed back home but first we had to make a stop at Costco to get us some stuff for dinner that night, we had BBQ steaks, baked potatoes and salad.  It was some good lovin stuff.

We also made a visit to our Aunt Linda's and uncle Charlie's condo that they bought to live in during the winter.  It was nice to visit with them since we don't get to see them very often. We also spent some time at another craft store with them and found some good trinkets there.

Being in Vegas I couldn't miss out on spending a little money on the slot machines.  I spent most of my time (ok the whole time) on my favorite slot machine, which is "WHEEL OF FORTUNE".  I did great on the first machine with winning me some cash, but then over time I got greedy and sticky fingers hoping that I can hit it big, but instead I lost it.  DAMN!!!  And secondly, you can't leave Vegas without going to the buffet, so we stuffed ourselves full there only to wind down by going to the movies later on that night. 

I had a really great time spending it with my family that I don't see too often and hopefully can do it again sometime soon.  Now it's off to Phoenix.

No comments: