Friday, August 19, 2011

spRinG bReAk pArT 2 -- Phoenix

So the second half my spring break included a stop in Phoenix to visit my BFF Julia and Mo.  When I got there we had to make a stop at Chick Fli-A since we were both hungry as well as Ethan. 

We sat and visited until Mo got home and then we went to the park with her kids so Ethan could run all his energy out.  We also drove by some houses that they were looking into buying.  Later on we went to a resturaunt that Julia had been wanting to try and plus they had custard for dessert.  This resturaunt reminded me a lot of Arctic Circle back home, which I also love. After that we couldn't pass up the custard, so we ordered that to go.

The next morning my former boss Ron, who also lives in Phoenix for the winter came to pick me up and we had breakfast and Cafe Mimi's.  It was nice to visit with him as well. Later on that morning, Julia and I took the kids to the Phoenix zoo. This should be interesting because all Ethan wants to do is be a big boy and run around all by himself.  When we got there talk about millons of parents with strollers bathman, they were everywhere and we were adding to it.  The weather was great, however a little warm but it was a nice day to spend it at the zoo.  We walked up to the monkey exhibit and this monkey came right up to the window and Ethan was pretty excited. We found the petting zoo for kids, so Julia took Ethan in there to feed the goats and to get him out of his stroller to run around.  He also played in the playground area and had a fit when it was time to leave. 

Later on that night, we went to dinner at this Mexican resturaunt that I had been telling Julia about that I went to the last time I was in Phoenix.  However we didn't really get to enjoy it at the resturaunt because Ethan was tired and fussy after a long day at the zoo and no nap in between.  So after ordering our food, we had to ask for a to-go box and eat it at home.  Oh well, we tried, but it was still good to me no matter where I would have ate it. 


On Friday, I decided that I would spend the first half of the day enjoying the Phoenix heat and lay out by the pool and read a book.  It was so relaxing that I could have probably stayed there all day. I even saw me a lizard run across the hot rocks trying to find itself some shade. Later that night, Julia got a babysitter for Ethan so we could go to the Diamondbacks game against the non-other S.F. Giants.  We had great seats along the first baseline. That stadium is pretty sweet itself with a retracable roof, but the weather was so nice that night it was open.  The Diamondback ended up losing but after the game was over they had a firework show, so we stayed to watch.

I really enjoy Phoenix and could really see myself living there at some point in my life.  I left on Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed visiting with Julia and Mo, as well as Ethan and Austin, even though Ethan tuckered me out.  Thanks again Julia and Mo for letting me stay at your home. Until next time....

No comments: