Friday, July 18, 2008

San Francisco City Tour


My mom came out for a week to take care of me while I had my wisdom teeth taken out. We had a great time together and I'm glad she came. I even got spoiled which I totally loved, my mom is the greatest!!!! The day before she left we went back over to San Francisco and took a tour of the city. We rode on a big charter bus through the streets of San Francisco and if you've ever been there you know how steep and narrow the streets are.


Our first stop was the Golden Gate Bridge. My mom was watching the news and she heard them say, "People walking across the Golden Gate Bridge". She then asked me if you could and I didn't know. Well on our first stop we got to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. I was pretty awesome. It was foggy up there so we could see to far. I wanted to walk to the center of the bridge and look over the edge and take a picture. The closer I got to the edge the more scared I got. I put my hand and camera over the edge and this is what came out. So now I can say that I have walked on the Golden Gate Bridge.









We then drove through Golden Gate Park. We didn't get out but it was a beautiful park. You could spend a whole day in the park, exploring everything that it has to offer.


Our next stop was a place called the Twin Peaks. Here you could look out over the city of San Francisco and see the Bay Bridge, AT&T Park and Candle Stick Stadium. It was to foggy so the pictures didn't turn out that great.


We then drove to see what was left of the Victorian Homes. I can't believe how close the houses are here. All of the houses are 1 inch apart due to some type of fire code. The blue house is where Kindergarten Cop was filmed. The red house that I'm standing in front of just sold for over 2.5 million dollars. This park area was also where the beginning credits of Full House took place. When they were having the picnic outside. Inside this park was a shoe garden. Someone left their shoes in the park and the gardener took them and planted plants in them. Now everyone leaves shoes there.





The tour continued through Chinatown but the streets were so narrow that we didn't get a chance to get out and look around. I guess that will be the next time I go over there. We then drove through the financial district which is made up of banking and insurance. Our last stop was Lombard Street and is known as the most crooked street.


After the tour ended we walked up the street a few blocks the famous Ghiradelli Square. Ummm so much chocolate!!!! We didn't spend too much time there only enough time to buy a bag a chocolate.


After we got a small fix of chocolate we walked down the Fisherman's Wharf and had the famous In-and-Out Burger. Unfortunately I didn't get a hamburger because of my wisdom teeth so I just sucked on the fries and watched my mom eat her protein hamburger (w/out bun). We walked down the streets looking in and out of the shops. We trekked it 2 miles up the pier to the BART to call it a day. Thanks for such a great day mom!!!!

1 comment:

robertsfamof5 said...

Awww how cute you two are. Looks like you had fun. It's been a while since I've done that tour myself.