Monday, August 11, 2008

sMaRt cAr fOr TwO

So how many people can say that they've got a grandpa that drives a 2006 Mercedes Smart Care for Two???? Well I can say that my grandpa does. It's pretty roomy inside, but I don't think that type of car is made for tall people. Grandpa is always concerned about gas mileage, but keep in mind that grandpa doesn't travel far. He travels to the senior center, grocery store, library, and any resturaunt to pick up lunch/dinner for him and grams.
We went out to breakfast one morning and he let me drive it back home. You don't realize how short the car is until you look out the rearview mirror. To start the car, it has to be in neutral, then you have to put your foot on the break and put it in reverse. The car can either be automatic or manual. It doesn't have a lot of gidup like my Mazda (zoom, zoom), but it was fun to drive. I can now say that I have driven a Smart Car for Two.
P.S. Grandpa also has a street scooter.

1 comment:

robertsfamof5 said...

What a cute car! Looks like you kept yourself busy in Idaho. Enjoy the rest of your summer!